Pan roasted Gilt Head Bream with spring vegetable risotto, soft poached egg and lemon oil
- 6 Gilt Head Sea Bream fillets
- 400g Arborio rice
- 50g sprouting broccoli florets, roughly chopped and blanched
- 50g spinach, well washed, picked and torn and blanched
- 50g peas, frozen if fresh unavailable
- 1 bunch asparagus, tips left whole, stalk sliced, both blanched
- 1 bunch of spring onions, washed and sliced
- 1 large white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50mls white wine
- 1ltr vegetable stock
- 5g chopped thyme
- 30g butter
- 50g shaved parmesan
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 punnet of affilia cress, cut and washed
- 50g sea purslane, picked, washed and blanched
- 6 soft poached free range eggs
- Drizzle of white truffle oil
Blend together the onion, garlic and white wine. In a hot pan sweat off the onion puree with a dash of vegetable oil and add the rice, keep stirring. Add the thyme and slowly add the warmed stock until the rice is around 80% cooked. The rice should take around 60% of the stock. Spread the rice over a baking sheet and allow to cool. This is a blank white onion risotto base, ready to accept many different flavour combinations. Add the remaining stock little by little until the rice is cooked. Finish with the blanched vegetables, butter, lemon juice and a pinch of the parmesan. Adjust the seasoning and set aside.
Season the Sea Bream and seal in a hot pan. Cook skin side down for 3 minutes add a knob of butter and a little squeeze of lemon juice. Carefully turn the fish over continue cooking a further minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Spoon the risotto onto a plate and top with the Bream and the egg, garnish with the affilia cress and blanched sea purslane. Drizzle with a little of the lemon oil.