Hotel Rates and Booking Policies
- All room rates are quoted in GBP and include breakfast and VAT at the relevant rate. Whilst we do not publish a dinner, bed and breakfast tariff most guests manage to eat a three course dinner for around £30 per person.
- A debit or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) is required to confirm all bookings.
- Upon booking a deposit of £100 is charged to the card to confirm the reservation. Deposits are not refundable even if the reservation has to be cancelled. Deposits may sometimes be transferred to a future booking at the discretion of the hotel management.
- Reservations of 10 rooms or more will be subject to different deposit and cancellations policies and this will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Rates are subject to change without notification.
Cancellation Policy and No-Shows
In the event of cancellation, full payment will apply unless you can provide notification as follows:
- 1 or 2 rooms, 72 hours’ notice prior to 3pm on the day of arrival is required.
- 3 – 5 rooms, 7 days’ notice prior to 3pm on the day of arrival is required.
- For reservations of 6 – 9 rooms or reservations with a value that exceeds £1,000.00 14 days’ notice prior to 3pm on the day of arrival is required.
- Reservations of 10 rooms or more will be subject to specific deposit and cancellation policies appropriate to the respective reservation and this will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Packages such as Christmas and New Year along with Weddings and Events will be subject to different deposit and cancellation terms. These will be confirmed at the time of booking.
Our cancellation policy exists to protect our customers as well as the hotel. Congham does not believe in ‘overselling’ its rooms in the same way that some other properties factor in a cancellation contingency and continue to sell more rooms than they actually have. Sometimes this practice works for them, other times guests arrive from distant locations only to find they must be escorted to another property – which, as you can imagine, is disastrous. To hedge our exposure from not overselling rooms, we must give ourselves a cancellation notification period that allows for a reasonable ‘booking window’ to re-sell a cancelled room. If the room is re-sold then no charge will be made other than the loss of the non-refundable deposit.
- If you haven’t arrived by 8am the morning after your stay begins, or contacted us to confirm when you’re going to arrive, we’ll treat your booking as cancelled and in this case you will be liable for 100% of the value of the booking. This will be automatically charged to the credit card provided at the time of booking.
- We strongly recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance to cover you for cancellation.
- Congham’s 10% service charge on food and beverage is purely discretional and no further gratuities are required or expected. It is extremely difficult to acknowledge exceptional service from those members of staff who operate in less visible hotel departments, which is why the service charge is in place and is distributed amongst every member of staff. For our guests who choose to pay the service charge, you can be assured that 100% of this money is given back to the team.
Check-in and Check-out Times
- Check-in time: 3pm
- Check-out time: 11am
Our ability to accommodate requests for early check-in or late check-out is based on hotel occupancy. We try to be as accommodating as possible; however, there are some days when flexibility to our normal times simply cannot be achieved. Please notify reception of your request as soon as possible if you require an early check-in or a later departure. We are of course happy to store luggage and you are more than welcome to arrive early or stay later and use our facilities.
- Cots and Z-Beds are provided free of charge for children up to 12 years of age when sharing their parents’ room. Children’s meals are not included in the room rate and breakfasts are charged at £7.00 each (under 2yrs are free). Children can dine from their own dinner menu at £12.95 for three courses or £9.95 for two. For our younger diners of up to 7 years of age, high tea is served daily from 5.30pm until 6.30pm usually in the library. Older diners aged 7 years and above are welcome to dine with their parents in the restaurant in the evening. For those families with younger children, we offer family dining in the Library. We are happy to organise baby-sitting with a registered child-minder with advance notice.
- Children under the age of 16yrs are welcome in the swimming pool between the hours of 9am and 10am in the morning and 4pm and 6pm in the evening. You’ll need to be with them whilst they are in the pool.
- We offer guests the opportunity to bring their four-legged friends along too, for only £10.00 per day per dog. Please note that dogs are only permitted in some of our Garden Bedrooms and not in main house bedrooms or suites. We can provide a list of dog friendly walks, beaches and places where they can run off the lead. We also provide a water bowl and treat for dogs when staying in the hotel. We politely ask that dogs are kept on the lead at all times whilst in the hotel. They are welcome in the Library (clean paws only!) or on the bar terrace but not in the sitting room, restaurant, bar or spa. Please do not allow your dog on the furniture or beds.
- Congham is a 100% non-smoking property. We have ample outdoor space where smoking is permitted. Anyone found smoking in their bedroom (or in our public areas) will be subject to a £150 deep cleaning charge and may be liable for additional charges in the event their bedroom is then out of service for further treatment and therefore cannot be resold during this period.
- In our beautiful spa, you’ll find a pool, sauna, steam room, experience showers, a bio-sauna and outside, a hot tub. It’ll be open from 8am in the morning until 8pm in the evening every day except on a Tuesday when we will be open from 11am in the morning and Thursday when we are open until 9pm in the evening. You’ll find a list of treatments on our website, we recommend to book well in advance to avoid disappointment particularly at the weekend and during peak times. You can contact the Spa directly on 01485 609300 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We recommend booking a table in our restaurant in advance to avoid disappointment. Please note that whilst we keep a table for all our residents, if you have not made a reservation, we cannot always guarantee the time that you would ideally like (especially at weekends and during peak times). We would also ask that in the unlikely event that you should wish to cancel your dinner reservation with us that you give us plenty of notice to allow us to offer the table to our reserve list.
- We can accommodate food intolerance, allergies and diets such as coeliac and lactose free as well as vegetarian or vegan. Rest assured the kitchen and restaurant staff, have knowledge and training on specific conditions. Please tell us of any special dietary requirements at the time of booking as we can provide a much more interesting menu with prior notice.
Guest Internet Access
- Too many guests downloading big files or streaming at once slows everyone down. Therefore, downloads have been restricted and content is subject to filtering. As we are in a rural area, our bandwidth is a relatively poor 1.5mb!