Cancellation Policy and No-Shows
In the event of cancellation, full payment will apply unless you can provide notification as follows:
- 1 or 2 rooms, 72 hours’ notice prior to 3pm on the day of arrival is required.
- 3 – 5 rooms, 7 days’ notice prior to 3pm on the day of arrival is required.
- For reservations of 6 – 9 rooms or reservations with a value that exceeds £1,000.00 14 days’ notice prior to 3pm on the day of arrival is required.
- Reservations of 10 rooms or more will be subject to specific deposit and cancellation policies appropriate to the respective reservation and this will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Packages such as Christmas and New Year along with Weddings and Events will be subject to different deposit and cancellation terms. These will be confirmed at the time of booking.
Our cancellation policy exists to protect our customers as well as the hotel. Congham does not believe in ‘overselling’ its rooms in the same way that some other properties factor in a cancellation contingency and continue to sell more rooms than they actually have. Sometimes this practice works for them, other times guests arrive from distant locations only to find they must be escorted to another property – which, as you can imagine, is disastrous. To hedge our exposure from not overselling rooms, we must give ourselves a cancellation notification period that allows for a reasonable ‘booking window’ to re-sell a cancelled room. If the room is re-sold then no charge will be made other than the loss of the non-refundable deposit.
- If you haven’t arrived by 8am the morning after your stay begins, or contacted us to confirm when you’re going to arrive, we’ll treat your booking as cancelled and in this case you will be liable for 100% of the value of the booking. This will be automatically charged to the credit card provided at the time of booking.
- We strongly recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance to cover you for cancellation.
- Congham’s 10% service charge on food and beverage is purely discretional and no further gratuities are required or expected. It is extremely difficult to acknowledge exceptional service from those members of staff who operate in less visible hotel departments, which is why the service charge is in place and is distributed amongst every member of staff. For our guests who choose to pay the service charge, you can be assured that 100% of this money is given back to the team.