We are now open!
Health and Safety has always been of the utmost importance to us but during these torrid times we have had to make a few adjustments to our normal service. It is important that we follow the government guidelines, but still have the home from home atmosphere, which we usually offer. Hospitality is ultimately about warmth of human connection and interaction so finding the right balance is our key priority.
We feel these are the important points:
- You should not expect to see all our staff in full PPE, but there could be a few situations when face masks may be worn by staff. Guests may want to wear their own masks particularly in corridors but this is not a rule.
- Initially we will be limiting the occupancy of the hotel and will increase this as we feel more confident with the new normal. We are lucky Congham has the space and capacity to look after our guests even when we are full.
- Our cancellation policy has been relaxed. If you make a booking and the Government decides we can’t open on this date we will either give you a complete refund for your deposit or allow you to make another booking at another time. We also ask that anyone who has any of the related covid-19 symptoms does not travel to the hotel.
- We will be cleaning regular touch points such as door handles, toilets, handrails etc.. more frequently. We will also have a quarantine basket where we will ask guests to put any games, books or DVD’s if they have touched or used them.
- The guest experience might look a little different, the restaurant tables will be more spaced apart, there is no buffet breakfast and we might ask you to book a time for breakfast as you do for dinner. We will be cleaning our ipad wine lists before we give them to every guest, menus will be one use only and rooms may take a little longer to be ready for check in, but we would still want you to arrive whenever you are ready to use the facilities and we will endeavour to have your room ready as quickly as possible once you arrive.
- There will be hand sanitising stations at various points around the hotel.
- Our restaurant and bar will follow social distancing guidelines and our outdoor spaces will be used when appropriate and weather permitting. We will operate table service only. There will be a flow of traffic throughout the hotel
- We’ve all become more familiar with regular hand washing and our front and back of house teams are all adhering to this before, during and after shifts.
- The hot tub will be open from 20th July as will a limited spa treatment list. We will be opening the swimming pool on Saturday 25th July but changing rooms use will be very limited and therefore wet facilities will only be available to our guests staying in the hotel until this changes. However we can offer spa treatments without the use of the pool facilities every Monday to Friday from 10am – 2pm so please call the spa on 01485 600300 if you would like to book.
- We will be posting regular updates on this page and keeping our guests which have booked up to date with any changes.
- It is likely we will have to operate a one in one out system in the hot tub if you are not in the same family or group bubble. Guests will also be asked to book swimming pool slots.
Thank you for your support and understanding.